Looking for solar energy tips? Here are 15 DIY solar energy tips where you can learn how to solar-light your house, design your very own solar charger, and even save money with these DIY solar energy tips at home. There is definitely something for everybody in this article. Enjoy!
* Check out thisothermal water feature – This solar power and water heating system does not need an electrical outlet. It works only on natural heat from the sun, flowing from the wall pump. The solar water features has no moving parts, making it safe for use in cold and wet areas. Best of all, it provides instant hot water, so you don’t have to wait for the evening to heat up. This system is also ideal for off-the-grid places that do not have electricity because there is no way to hook up the hot water and electrical outlets together.
* Designs a simple solar oven – This DIY solar project makes use of simple solar power to heat up any surface. You need to place several solar panels on your flat surface. Once the solar panels get warm, they absorb sunlight and turn it into solar energy which heats up the surrounding area. A solar oven is a great alternative for grilling during the winter months and as an addition to your regular home oven. This solar system is so simple that even kids can build one for themselves!
* Build your own solar light pathway – If you have the right materials and plan, you can make your very own DIY solar lights. They can be used to light up walkways, driveways, or even as decorative garden features. A solar light pathway can add so much beauty to your garden and also is so easy to build for such a low cost.
* Build a solar panel system for your water heater – DIY solar projects for your water heater are so easy to build and so cheap to buy. You can purchase a solar panel system kit at your local hardware store. The solar panels you will make will absorb the sun’s rays and in return, produce heat for your water heater. You can then build a diy solar projects enclosure to keep all of the collected heat in.
* Build solar lights with electricity – DIY solar projects that include solar lights are so popular and easy to do. You can get diy solar projects that involve solar string lights, solar spotlights, solar flood lights and solar lanterns. These solar lighting options are perfect for parties and other outdoor activities. They are easy to set up, require little electricity and can be decorated with stickers, paint or glow sticks. You can even find DIY solar light kits that come with instructions on how to build them perfectly!
* Giveaway solar power kits – Did you know that you can build solar power kits? There are some really great diy solar projects that can be used for power gift giving events. You can give a kit to anyone that is interested in learning how to build solar power. They could build solar panels to collect energy from the sun, batteries to store this energy for later use and other accessories to make their own solar power devices.
* Build a solar oven – Diy solar projects that involve solar ovens are not difficult at all to complete. You need to have a cardboard box that has been covered in newspaper. You need to have holes cut in the box so that the solar cells can be inserted. Then you need a solar cell pre-fitted into the top of the box. Place the solar cell in the center of the box and cover it with newspaper. Place the ventilation hole over the solar oven and your project is ready to begin.